Adore and Admire
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO ROSS

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Adore and Admire
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO ROSS
Adore and Admire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COMBAT INFORMATION

Go down

COMBAT INFORMATION Empty COMBAT INFORMATION

Post  Opal Hutchinson Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:50 am

I'm aware that RPing, a lot of people enter into for the fights. Same with writers, really. It's all about the action. Guns, swords, magic, whatever's your poison; most people seem to bloody love combat. So, for starters, let's outline a few regulations.

Please be fair. For starters, you cannot dodge every attack. Even it out - even if you are fighting someone on a lower power level to make the experience fun for the both of you. And if you're found autohitting, godmodding, powerplaying, or bunnying, you'll be ejected from the thread. And if someone doesn't want to fight - don't force them into it. You might end up RPing without the combat and actually enjoying yourself.

Try to stick to your skills, strengths, and weaknesses. If someone finds a weak spot - take the hit! But then get back up and counter-attack. Please note that physics is somewhat bendable here; especially considering the fact that Ancestor spirits are attracted to kerfuffle, so some slightly implausible jumps, kicks, etc shouldn't cause outcry at all. Roll with the punches - just no random kamehamehas. Realism is still there - a bullet's a bullet, this isn't Wanted or Bleach - but physics to some extent can be toyed with. Thibudis is not our world, and we have the trump card of magic to play. If you're confused, just consult myself or Izzy. We don't bite (much).

Liquid time, to some extent, is in effect. Just roll with the flow of it - but if things get too confusing between multiple threads and you can't keep up, be careful.

Finally, my last point to make is that of Finishers and Weapon Techniques. These are NOT passive or sustained skills; they are triggered, shout-your-name-out-as-you-go, Bankai attacks and Limit Breaks. True and to the core, Climhazzard, Braver, Renzokuken, Lionheart, Null, Absolute Void, blah blah blah et cetera et cetera. They are to be triggered, they are not passive abilities and/or skills. They are trump cards for you to pull to tap into your own skill levels or the magic of the world around you and blast some fools into next week. They are elite and super-powerful finishers, of which you are allowed one per level - should be scaled according to ability - and an extra should you choose to purchase it with some drawbacks and restrictions of your own.

These special techniques allow even non-sorcerers to tap into the world's ready pool of magic and integrate them into their attacks during times of need - but that, as opposed to the sorcerers' special attacks, is only when they can be used at the corresponding level. Sorcerers' are similar, but just purely magic-based.

You can also have a Weapon Tech for every weapon you have, but if you have, say, six, on top of five Finishers, it's bound to get confusing, so be wary, careful, and sparing with your ideas and fingers in many different pies. They're also generally not as magical or soul-binding, and can be used a little more regularly. Also, Finishers and Weapon Techs should have REALLY cool names. Ask me, if you're stuck; I'm always good with names.
Opal Hutchinson
Opal Hutchinson
THE AGE OF APOCALYPSE (Admin Elite)

Credits : 32

Summary
Power Level: 5

https://adoreadmire.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down